Good morning Booknick,
We are so excited to have you join us on our reading adventure as a member of our Booknick Book Club. By now, you will have received this month’s book box, with our August selection, The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.
We are going to read this book over three weeks, then we will meet the week of 8/31 to discuss our reading! While you can read at your own pace, it would be a good idea to try to read about 120 pages per week to finish the book by our meeting. Your goal this week should be to read to page 126 of the book, or through Chapter 15.
Here are some questions to consider as you read this week:
- What seems to be the major conflict of the story? (Remember, a conflict is a problem that drives the action in the story and/or the choices that characters must make)
- Who is Antain? What important role might he play in the story?
- Describe Luna. What makes her so special?
- Who are Glerk and Fyrian? What are their roles in the story?
- Why does Xan decide she must raise baby Luna?
- Why does Xan take the babies which were left in the forest? Where does she take them?
- What do the Elders in the Protectorate say about the Witch? What clues does the author give us to show us the Elders are actually the evil ones?